Rural Service Learning MOOC NOW Available!
We are happy to announce the release of our free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Rural Service Learning: http://learn.rural.ffzg.hr:8080/login/index.php
This course is designed for university teachers and community organizations to share and learn about rural service-learning.
MOOC is free to the public and no registration is required (Log in as a guest).
This MOOC is developed by the RURASL consortium (https://rural.ffzg.unizg.hr/) of 16 partners from 8 EU countries. It is based on the need assessment from 8 countries (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Croatia, and Lithuania) and training materials developed by academic teachers and community organizations from these countries.
The official language is English.
We kindly ask you to sign up to our Online World Café that will be held online on 30th September 2020 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.:
Please forward this invitation to appropriate persons/experts from the field (HEIS and LAGs, Students, Stakeholders, and Rural Communities) - copy the text below.
We remind you that in this Online World Café you will have the possibility to share and improve solutions for Rural development.
The official language is English.
FIRST RURASL HACKATHON on Service-Learning will be held online on October 23rd, from 10 am to 13 pm. Join our social hackathon to share your Service-Learning experiences and your solutions for rural development.
During the Social Hackathon, students will:
- Meet students from different European countries virtually
- Communicate and report Rural Service Learning projects developed in each country
- Share and give feedback on your different experiences
- Discuss and reflect on the values and meanings of Service-Learning experiences in terms of service and learning
YOU ARE INVITED TO PRE-REGISTER HERE
Pre-registration is required until 15th September.
In Spain (Madrid), 44 students from the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM) are engaged in two SL projects in cooperation with GALSINMA Local Action Group, which comprises 45 municipalities of the North Mountain range of Madrid. The two projects are as follows:
Nine 1st year students from UAM Primary Education Degree went to the rural area of the northern mountains of Madrid region (about 50 km from the university) to participate in a SL project at the municipal play center. This project was supervised by GALSINMA Local Action Group and the UAM, in cooperation with 2 municipalities (Talamanca de Jarama and El Berrueco). The main objective of the service was "To organize and implement activities that facilitate awareness of the situations experienced by people at social exclusion risk in rural settings".
* Due to the situation caused by the COVID-19 crisis, teachers in Spain at all educational levels had to convert their face-to-face classes into online classes in a very short period of time. That is the reason why the initial designed SL project was modified by one more adjusted to the current social situation. Thrirty five 2nd year students from the UAM Primary Education Degree collaborated with a grouped rural school (CRA Lozoyuela) that is made up of classrooms distributed in 3 small villages in the rural area of the north mountain range of Madrid region, in the municipalities of Lozoyuela, Montejo de la Sierra and El Berrueco. The main objective of the service was "Collaborate in the digitalization of classes" where students work together with teachers of the grouped rural school (CRA Lozoyuela), in the creation of content and the search for resources for the development of classes.
RURASL Hub is NOW Available!
We are happy to announce the release of our RURASL Hub - Service Learning for the Rural Development: http://hub.rural.ffzg.hr
Join us: https://bit.ly/36Y0DUW
Connect and get access to our online member area and all our innovative resources for Service-Learning and Social Entrepreneurship
The following tools and resources are available through the Hub:
- Matchmaking tool
- MOOC on Rural Service-Learning: https://bit.ly/34O2JnF
- Academic module (with training resources, lesson, plans and curriculum, materials)
- Online World Cafe
- Database of Service-Learning Peer Mentors and Experts
- Online Resource Center: a repository of best practices
- Open Conversation Areas
ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTER OF RURASL PROJECT
Welcome to the electronic newsletter of RURASL project where both public and stakeholders will be able to find information about the project’s progress on a regular basis. We invite you to join our wide group of service-learning promotors and to send us collected feedback.
Community Organization Guide
Community Organization Guide on Service-Learning and Social Entrepreneurship was created for rural community organizations that want to participate in rural SL or to apply the rural SE approach and collaborate with HEI(academic teachers). Community guide aims to help community organizations to engage in projects in rural areas with HEIs, serving university students as mentors during these projects.
Community Organization Guide is one of the outputs of WP2 and can be found at RURASL webpage (https://rural.ffzg.unizg.hr/output/) translated in 8 languages.